April 19 – Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Nonuniform Loading
Steel floor and roof deck manufacturers publish load tables for uniform loads, but what if the loads on your project are not uniform? Designers frequently face concentrated loads caused by rack systems, forklifts, scissor lifts, mechanical equipment, RTUs and other dead, live or construction loads. This webinar will provide designers with the rationale needed to better analyze these loading conditions to ensure a proper design.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute in partnership with the Steel Deck Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Recognize load cases that require additional analyses beyond distribution as a uniform load
- Understand the limit states for slab design under concentrated loads
- Examine different load paths for varying concentrated load conditions
- Review current and new SDI design approaches for concentrated loads
- Demonstrate potential shortcuts to concentrated load design
- Present example problems for design with concentrated loads
Date: April 19, 2023
Time: 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms that are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Those with very little design experience as well as those with many years of experience will find the course beneficial.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant will earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI.
SJI is offering a sale for this registration. It’s free! (A savings of $75 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.)
Individual registration provides unique links for login for each individual you register.
- If you add multiple individual registrations in your order, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org the names and email addresses of the additional individuals you purchase an individual registration for so they can receive their unique link.
- If you are going to have multiple attendees in one room to watch the webinar, you will need to send an email to email@example.com after the webinar to let them know who all attended.
- If you typically order site registrations and receive individual links for remote access, please have each person register to receive an individual link. (The site option is not available for this webinar.)