Want to earn professional development hours? Take the Economic Floor Systems with Composite Steel Joists quiz after you have watched the free Webinar on Demand video. The online quiz consists of 10 multiple-choice questions. After purchasing the quiz you will be given up to two attempts to complete. Pass the quiz with 80% or above and you can earn 1.5 PDH credits.
Composite steel construction has been recognized for a number of years as one of the most economical systems for constructing building floors. This webinar will focus on information contained within SJI’s “2nd Edition CJ-Series Composite Joists,” which includes the standard specifications, weight tables, bridging tables and code of standard practice; share how one can utilize SJI’s Floor Bay Tool for estimating the cost of CJ-Series joists; and describe recent projects where CJ-Series composite joists have been utilized.
- Potential benefits of using SJI’s CJ-Series composite joists.
- Computational aspects of composite steel joist behavior per SJI’s new 2nd Edition CJ-Series Specifications.
- Guidelines for installing welded shear studs onto the chords of CJ-Series joists and serviceability considerations.
- How to efficiently utilize SJI’s Composite Steel Joist Catalog.
- Preliminary estimating of CJ-Series costs utilizing SJI’s new Floor Bay Analysis Tool.
- Typical projects for CJ-Series composite joists.