February 15 – Joist and Joist Girder Reinforcement
Joists and joist girders often require reinforcement when considering loads not included in the original design. Provided in this webinar is a discussion of the types of reinforcement that can be used. A description is given for an SJI tool that determines if reinforcement is required and designs the reinforcement for chords and webs. An example of reinforcing a joist girder using the tool is also provided.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Learn the steps to follow to determine if reinforcement is required.
- Learn the types of reinforcement that are used for joist and joist girder chords and webs.
- Learn what assistance SJI can provide for reinforcing joists and joist girders.
- Learn how to use the SJI tool for reinforcing joist girders.
Date: February 15, 2023
Time: 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms that are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Those with very little design experience as well as those with many years of experience will find the course beneficial.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant will earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI.
SJI is offering a sale for this registration. It’s free! (A savings of $75 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.)
Individual registration provides unique links for login for each individual you register.
- If you add multiple individual registrations in your order, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org the names and email addresses of the additional individuals you purchase an individual registration for so they can receive their unique link.
- If you are going to have multiple attendees in one room to watch the webinar, you will need to send an email to email@example.com after the webinar to let them know who all attended.
- If you typically order site registrations and receive individual links for remote access, please have each person register to receive an individual link. (The site option is not available for this webinar.)