This webinar is the result of many years of practical experience in the specification and design of open web steel joists and Joist Girders. The information provided will give best practices to clearly specify loads, deflections, geometry, bridging, and details for common and uncommon usages of open web steel products. We have collected many examples of the “right ways” and the “wrong ways” to provide information on contract drawings and specifications. We will explain how to improve structural drawings from the open web joist perspective, resulting in fewer RFIs and fewer questions on the approval drawings.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Review the information required when using joists and Joist Girders
- Share information from past projects to show the best practices (do’s) to employ for general notes, loads, designating joist and Joist Girders, and various connection details
- Explain what should be avoided (don’ts) to ensure that projects with joists and Joist Girders are completed with minimal interruptions, i.e., RFIs
- Discuss the 44th Edition of the SJI Standard Specifications, which were adopted in January 2015 and will be used as a reference
- Communicate changes in the specifications
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms that are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Those with very little design experience as well as those with many years of experience will find the course beneficial.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant will earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI.
NOTE: If you are licensed in North Carolina, please submit your license number to SJI at email@example.com as this is required to issue your PDH certificate. If you are registering for a site registration, we will need the license number for any attendee who is licensed in North Carolina.
Registration is $75 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.
NOTE: Individual registration provides unique links for login for each individual you register. You will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org the names and email addresses of the additional individuals you purchase an individual registration for so they can receive their unique link.
Site registration provides one link for login, allowing multiple people to view the webinar in one room.
Forms of Payment
Payments may be made online using a credit card. You may also pay by check, payable to SJI Webinars.
Webinar Day Schedule
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Webinar: 1:00–2:15 p.m. (EDT)
Q&A session: 2:15–2:30 p.m. (EDT)