July 20 – Delegated Design and the Role of the Designer of Record
It is common for the engineer of record (EOR) to delegate design responsibility for aspects of the project to a specialty engineer or for specific products to the product manufacturer’s engineer. This presentation will discuss the roles and responsibilities between the EOR and specialty engineer or a specific product engineer. This session will discuss the overlapping areas of responsibilities and the areas where gaps often occur. The IBC gives general direction and key aspects to follow. This presentation will discuss ways to clearly establish roles and responsibilities of each and how to denote these roles and responsibilities.
This in-depth webinar is sponsored by the Steel Joist Institute (SJI) and participation will earn you 1.5 PDHs.
We will discuss the following:
- The EOR’s responsibility
- Reasons and materials that could be delegated
- Methods to communicate roles, including direct communication, clarifying gray areas, and resolving concerns and conflicts
- What works and learning from each other; capturing, validating and implementing methods that work
Date: July 20, 2022
Time: 3:00-4:30 p.m. EDT
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms that are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Those with very little design experience as well as those with many years of experience will find the course beneficial.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant will earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI.
SJI is offering a sale for this registration. It’s free! (A savings of $75 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.)
Individual registration provides unique links for login for each individual you register.
- If you add multiple individual registrations in your order, you will need to email email@example.com the names and email addresses of the additional individuals you purchase an individual registration for so they can receive their unique link.
- If you are going to have multiple attendees in one room to watch the webinar, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the webinar to let them know who all attended.
- If you typically order site registrations and receive individual links for remote access, please have each person register to receive an individual link. (The site option is not available for this webinar.)
Forms of Payment
Payments may be made online using a credit card. You may also pay by check, payable to SJI Webinars.