June 21 – Simple Connections Simplified
This webinar will explore the best connections for all things joist and deck with an eye toward keeping them simple! The requirements and options for attachment to the supports will be covered for joists and then for deck. Then, the discussion will involve all the things that end up being attached to the joists and deck — both the structural and trade elements that may be attached and the various methods of making those connections.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Understand the requirements for joist and joist girder anchorage to supports.
- Review bridging connections and connections that are part of lateral load resisting systems.
- Understand the options for hanging loads from joists, either from structural or trade elements.
- Identify the deck to support connection types and details.
- Summarize deck connection patterns and applications.
- Review deck hanging load connections.
Date: June 21, 2023
Time: 1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms that are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Those with very little design experience as well as those with many years of experience will find the course beneficial.
Professional Development Hours
Each participant will earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI.
SJI is offering a sale for this registration. It’s free! (A savings of $75 per person for individual and $300 for site registration.)
Individual registration provides unique links for login for each individual you register.
- If you add multiple individual registrations in your order, you will need to email email@example.com the names and email addresses of the additional individuals you purchase an individual registration for so they can receive their unique link.
- If you are going to have multiple attendees in one room to watch the webinar, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after the webinar to let them know who all attended.
- If you typically order site registrations and receive individual links for remote access, please have each person register to receive an individual link. (The site option is not available for this webinar.)