The Steel Joist Institute presents the webinar “Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading.” Steel floor and roof deck manufacturers publish load tables for uniform loads, but what if the loads that are on your project are not uniform? Designers frequently face concentrated loads caused by rack systems, forklifts, scissor lifts, mechanical equipment, RTUs, and other dead, live, or construction loads. This webinar will provide designers with the rationale needed to better analyze these loading conditions to ensure a proper design.
The learning objectives include:
- Recognize load cases that require additional analysis beyond distribution as a uniform load
- Understand the limit states for slab design under concentrated loads
- Examine different load paths for varying concentrated load conditions
- Review current SDI design approach for concentrated loads
- Demonstrate potential shortcuts to concentrated load design
- Present example problems for design with concentrated loads
After adding the Industry or Education choice above to your cart and checking out, you will have access to this webinar's content:
You can earn a CEU by watching the Industry version of this webinar, then successfully completing the related CEU exam: Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading Quiz. Access to the exam is available for purchase.