The Steel Joist Institute presents the webinar “Diaphragm Design That Makes Sense: How to Design and Specify Steel Deck by Representatives of the SDI.” Recent changes in design codes and construction practices have made diaphragm connection design more complicated and time consuming. This webinar identifies those changes, provides design guidance, reviews upcoming publications, and introduces new SDI design tools.
The learning objectives include:
- Recognizing appropriate AISI and SDI Standards and literature
- Understanding the limits of existing shear tables and evaluation reports
- Design procedures for uniquely shaped and sloped structures
- Design procedures and shear capacities over CF framing
After adding the Industry or Education choice above to your cart and checking out, you will have access to this webinar's content:
- Diaphragm Design That Makes Sense: How to Design and Specify with Steel Deck in Partnership with SDI (Industry Edition)
You can earn a CEU by watching the Industry version of this webinar, then successfully completing the related CEU exam: Diaphragm Design That Makes Sense: How to Design and Specify with Steel Deck Quiz. Access to the exam is available for purchase.