Reliability-Targeted Design Ground Snow Loads in ASCE 7-22
$0.00 – $25.00
This webinar will cover the development and background of the forthcoming changes to ASCE 7-22. In this update, a new hazard tool will be available through ASCE making it easier to determine design ground snow loads; however, the basis for these changes may not be well known. The new loads are called reliability-targeted loads and provide a more uniform safety throughout the conterminous United States while at the same time nearly eliminating case study regions. By gathering data from throughout the country and performing site-specific reliability analyses at every measurement location, these loads use the best available information. The basis for the loads and use of the new tool will be discussed along with the subsequent changes to ASCE 7-22 Chapter 7.
This webinar is provided by the Steel Joist Institute. Participants can earn 1.5 PDHs.
- Understand the previous ground snow loads.
- Understand the process for developing reliability-targeted loads.
- Understand the general process for mapping reliability-targeted loads.
- Overview of changes to ASCE 7-22 Chapter 7 provisions caused by a shift to reliability-targeted loads.
- Learn how to use the ASCE hazard tool.