This webinar will explore the best connections for all things joist and deck, with an eye towards keeping them simple! First for joists and then for deck, the requirements and options for attachment to the supports will be covered. Then the discussion will involve all of the stuff that ends up being attached to the joists and deck – both the structural and trade elements that may be attached and the various methods of making those connections.
The learning objectives include:
- Understand the requirements for joist and Joist Girder anchorage to supports.
- Review bridging connections and connections that are part of lateral load resisting systems.
- Understand the options for hanging loads from joists, either from structural or trade elements.
- Identity the deck to support connection types and details.
- Summarize deck connection patterns and applications.
- Review deck hanging load connections.
After adding the Industry or Education choice above to your cart and checking out, you will have access to this webinar's content:
You can earn a CEU by watching the Industry version of this webinar, then successfully completing the related CEU exam: Simple Connections Simplified Quiz. Access to the exam is available for purchase.