Virtual Joist Girder Table
The Steel Joist Institute (SJI) has developed a table that provides the approximate section properties for Virtual Joist Girders for use by the Structural Engineer of Record (SER) in preparing the building structural models.
The intent is for the Virtual Joist Girder tables to be used in the design models through use of the Member Selection and Code Check functions of the SER structural design software of choice. Using these functions, the structural design software treats the Virtual Joist Girders as though they were custom wide-flange beams, and makes appropriate member selections, as well as displaying section properties and calculating approximate weights.
Virtual Joist Girder Table are available for free download and includes the following files:
- What is a Virtual Joist Girder Table
- Using Virtual Joist Girders for Building Modeling and Design
- STAAD Virtual Girder Table
- SJI Virtual Joist Girder Table
- SJI Virtual Joist Girder Table User Manual
- SJI Virtual Joist Girder Table Presentation
Complete the form or log in to your account to access this tool. SJI may notify you when updates are made to this design tool.